Eredan iTCG BrasileiroEredan iTCG DeutschEredan iTCG EspañolEredan iTCG ItalianoEredan iTCG FrançaisEredan iTCG English
Nous sommes actuellement le 19 Avril 2024, 05:11
Publier une réponse Page 2 sur 2   [ 17 message(s) ]
Aller vers la page Précédent  1, 2
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message : Re: Fixing Last Barrier
Message Publié : 26 Juillet 2016, 21:34 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 240
Also, why is the Althing broken? It allows you to cheat death only one time (don't forget, it is removed from the game after being used) and can be countered by any out of combat or afterfight damage.

The Last Barrier, however, cannot be countered well by it, because you can play it at huge amount of HP and then return to that state.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 26 Juillet 2016, 22:14 
Marchand

Message(s) : 348
i also dont fully understand wolvos last point about the cheating death cards... does that include fake death then? because we are cheating death in a way no?

i dont think you should compare those two... like apple and pears they are both fruits but still different in a lot of ways

my all time favorite argument is that if you seem to have trouble with a situation which comes up every 2nd fight then "adjust your strategy"... you can in fact outsmart an enemy if you are playing wise... if you have the last call on cards then make your last played card a discard.... in amnezy we have soooo damn many ways to discard almost everything at everytime... even the big "discard everything at once" card is there... make use of them instead of calling for a card to be nerfed first... if with all those tools you are still not able to cope... then come back and rant your voice out

Edit: an afterthought... generally spoken... if you think your deck is better off with 20 cards, 5 of which are attached 1st round, well then you are a fool... because that may work 80% of the time but the other 20% when you come around a deck using last barrier then you are screwed because you didnt take your discard...

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 26 Juillet 2016, 23:43 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 165
only if ten points of Dmg were dealt by the opposing character in a single instance.
but most people forget or do not even know that fact.

TA is broken due to is most often insured denil factor.
yes, post combat Dmg is THE answer to TAs one-time effect, but not all decktypes run such thing mainboard or have something like that in the first place.
but in most cases it wins you the game.

---

I think it is funny how often LB is discussed due to its universal use in practically any deck. And how they think it is better then AT. (it is not... in most cases)
But god forbid that they give examples how someone can deal with LB... well, calandra and wolvos did, but I think get the point.

Sure, LB is a card with a high powerlevel. And yes, it can win you the game. (The actual problem is the discard, not the life reset.)
But to be honest, LB is just a card that forces both players to play a skill intensive match. And that's so bizarre.

Too often I see how players want a slower game - djoser was relaesed and everyone shouted either he's crap or we need more aggressive tools.
and the same goes for statboosting, discard, counters, control, multichaining and blasting or hitting characters for literally 54+ points of dmg.
In short: We are gamers. We complain. That's a fact.

And then came LB. A card that say, to both players, use your brain or loose.
A game like eradan Itcg needs more such cards, that makes players cinsider their offensive and defensive options. forces prediction and pre-prediction on dmg calculations. should you sac a turn to deal with the threat... should you play it now or in turn xyz?
Counters are disliked because some argue they take the fun of playing the game away (my argument on that: Bullcrap! they are needed), but here we have a card that wants us to play a bloody cardgame. But why all the hate. because high digits on the victory screen look cool on screenshots?! Man even kitsana counters LB and that's a lot.

Sorry, if I started rambling. it is a bad habit. but as member of a gamedevelopmentteam I am dumbfounded by such discussions. they make me question if we play a tcg or an ego-shooter?

yeah, LB is not as forgiving and grouphuggy as many might hope it should. but it is good that it is not. Because it is mechanic wise a step in the right direction.

Suche nach einer neuen Pauper Eredan (Kupfer/Kupfer&Silber) und/oder Titan deck (50 Karten je eine Kopie) Spielgruppe! Wer Interesse hat, schreibt mir einfach eine PM. ^^

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 26 Juillet 2016, 23:53 
Marchand

Message(s) : 348
literally you are speaking my mind... thanks for this post...

:-) egoshooter... hahah i like that picture...

i m an undead player and if i win then not by points hahah

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 27 Juillet 2016, 01:01 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 240
Maybe I just play wrong decktypes... I prefer slow decks, and the fact that best counters to aggro are being banned (and more aggro cards are released) makes me angry a little.

The Althing reqires the same mindplay from both players. Yes, it is harder to counter, but on the other hand, it is removed from the game after activation.

About Last Barrier - I see the point.

Also, another complaint would be that they ban a card you don't have to pay for, but don't ban a card with stronger effect but purchasable. =)

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 27 Juillet 2016, 10:54 
Vénérable

Message(s) : 750
Well yes, i liked the mindgames part, but its just so unpredictable.
There are so many chances where i just autolost to LB and it wasnt even my fault.

So 1.
Not every deck has a discard option.
there are many decks with either crappy or wh ocan just use the generic discard.

Sometimes oyu need to dig for strong cards so you have to draw those core cards or you lost.
e.g. against Noz blast.
You generally have 4 turns or your dead.
or any marodeur deck like zk and zil.
You will need to hit them hard and fast and you need that core cards.
Sitting on the 1 discard card like may cost you the game.

Discard decks.
you may have 2 cards to remove last barrier in your deck.
but oh well, luck has it that you had to discard those.
Well then , have fun with the loss.

3. If you have initiative, and the enemy plays LB as his second card, there is nearly nothing you can do.
There is no playing aroudn or clever way or mindgames.
Its just...well he had that card so bad for you.

I would live to see those mindgmes stuff but its a free negate enemy damage card.
Because you can not see the card coming.
It can be played at every turn with a positive effekt.
Because if you play the game long enough you know what the enemy is about to do with his deck.
zil marodeurs will hit hard every turn...
the base damage of most chars will trigger that thing....it has literally no skill involved.
So yo ucan play LB at turn 1 and it basicly has the effekt: negate the damage dealt to you.
And still no disadvantage.

The enemy is forced to play a possibly horribly inefficent removal card which gives you a card advantage.(in this case it would be comparable to heal 10 hp ignore a enemy card and remove 2 enemy cards of choice. Thats the effekt it comes down to most of the time, be honest if a card would platenly say that, it would be broken wouldnt it?)Now lets REALLy be honest:
Even the simple effekt of discard 2 cards of your choice.
If you had a card that had that simple effekt it would be played.
Its just that good.
And now its boundled with a really powerfull card.
Break down each individual part of the card.
And every single aspect of it is broken.

I think just if you play it right, it can literally give you at least free turn.
And yo ucan weaken the enemy with every turn it stays out.
and if your discard is at the bottom of the deck, then you out of luck, then the enemy might get 2 or even 3 turns. where he can freely attack you and remove your cards and play his own cards like normaly.
and even if you manage to remoe it you have 1 card played to finish him off from, maybe even full hp.

Its just a HUGE gap between not having and having this card.
And yeah, slowing down aggro is nice...but not that way.
Because even slow decks WILL deal enough dmg to triger it.
Lets think of the absolut slowest deck possible runic priests.
They play as long till they got like 20 atk, and then, yo ucan triger LB and live 1 attack and maybe decide the game.
take down 2 of theyr core cards and go back to high health.
It isnt just like which is a strict anti mage card.
That card is DAM strong ,but in some machups its just a dead card.
LB...in very few.

But IF you can play around it.
tel lme what yo ucan do against a LB that is played when you have initiative as second card. there are only very specific counters fro mfew decks.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 27 Juillet 2016, 19:15 
Immortel

Message(s) : 6173
lb is an exploit, fake death is fair enough but they fu***d up with his daddy version not banished after unequipped

the issue of every card is balace, if zombies can loop resurrections that is unfair, no deck should be able to replay the same abusive move every turn

but hey wolvos, zombies arent op chill out, sure they doesnt, but its because others decks have specific ways to handle it or are even opier than z, same said of cutting all the ties, but we have another topic here asking how fix haloblades

the best defense still a good ofense, unequip cards arent a feature in tourn, they activates after the damage is done (late), playing a card trying to reach the random enemy card isnt great, think in sentence before lb an stoneheart and resiliance globe, it was easier to be owned by sentence, now it isnt

we have now to be aware of equinox battle, damage reduction, conters, heals and now dodge kinda effect

i think both lb and ta are bad cause allow you to win games by itself in any case, even the ones you shouldnt win
is similar to how broken is antimagic glyphs, having to add a removal a worthless removal in mages, draw that card or keep it messing your hand, be ignored by 1 turn for that card, then play your removal hoping it doesnt get coutered. you won when you forced your opponent to carry regular to bad cards while you can use your cards at your will

create a new post if you want to communicate with me, DONT SEND PMs!!!!

CURRENT STATUS: OFFLINE / NOT MODERATING

Hors-ligne Profil  

Publier une réponse Page 2 sur 2   [ 17 message(s) ]
Aller vers la page Précédent  1, 2