Eredan iTCG BrasileiroEredan iTCG DeutschEredan iTCG EspañolEredan iTCG ItalianoEredan iTCG FrançaisEredan iTCG English
Nous sommes actuellement le 28 Avril 2024, 04:11
Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 1   [ 8 message(s) ]
Auteur Message
Message Publié : 01 Décembre 2013, 19:26 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 238
Your starting Hand can often determine the outcome of a game.
It may be fun to get an awesome hand, but it really sucks when you get a nearly unplayable hand.

Eredan could greatly benefit from somewhat improving your control on what cards you get in your starting Hand.

[Suggestion #1 (My Favorite - haven't seen this implemented anywhere)]
Step 1 - Both players draw 10 cards at the start of the game
Step 2 - Each player then chooses Y cards to return to the Deck, and keeps X cards - X is the amount of cards you would currently draw: 5 by default, modified by characters such as or .
Step 3 - Game proceeds as usual

[Suggestion #2 (Currently Implemented in another Game - very well received by players)]
Step 1 - You draw the normal amount of cards
Step 2 - You choose any cards you don't like - they are replaced with different ones and shuffled into the Deck. You can only do this once.
Step 3 - Game proceeds as usual

Dernière édition par Nurvus le 02 Décembre 2013, 05:02, édité 1 fois.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 01 Décembre 2013, 22:47 
Immortel

Message(s) : 6173
#2 is more viable. why? some decks can win with 1 good initial hand, if you allow them to draw their dream hand its over for the enemy

create a new post if you want to communicate with me, DONT SEND PMs!!!!

CURRENT STATUS: OFFLINE / NOT MODERATING

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 01 Décembre 2013, 22:51 
Guémélite

Wolvos a écrit :
#2 is more viable. why? some decks can win with 1 good initial hand, if you allow them to draw their dream hand its over for the enemy

Not saying I agree with your statement, but if there is such a danger, it is a lack of balance and should be dealt with by tweaking/nerfing/banning cards.

This suggestion is not to help you get the best hand.
Drawing 10 out of 20+ cards doesn't guarantee anything, specially with all the "Unique" cards out there.
What it does, is reduce the impact of Luck in the outcome of the game.

This suggestion is to help you avoid getting unplayable hands.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 01 Décembre 2013, 23:17 
Immortel

Message(s) : 6173
is not only about tweaking/nerfing/banning, if im playing with dks, and the enemy is playing with shadow/nehant spells and im starting to spam shape of a dragon, and you give me the chance of draw 3 copies of them, i have the game in my pocket

im not saying this is an unchangeable rule in tcg/cg

part of the strategy is build a fluid deck, some strategies like tempus, pirate marauders, flawseekers, etc., need some sort of this new concept or some effect that helps them in the early rounds/unplayable hands

create a new post if you want to communicate with me, DONT SEND PMs!!!!

CURRENT STATUS: OFFLINE / NOT MODERATING

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 02 Décembre 2013, 03:07 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 243
Well this game has that luck factor in draw most games have. It gives the game that element of luck that can make a deck that would destroy all decks impossible. If anything just make a mulligan button that can only be done at the start. Don't like your hand you get one click and you get a new hand. Other than that, any other option is against the spirit of TCG/CCG.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 02 Décembre 2013, 05:00 
Guémélite

Gomez, here are a few facts:

1 - Most TCGs have fixed damage on their cards.
A few of them have "Dice rolls" or "coin flips", but they are not that many.

2 - Eredan has all the randomness that other games have, but then also
a) lacks deck search cards (other games often have stuff that let you search specific card types and put them in your hand/top of deck/discard pile
b) randomness in the damage (most characters and spells have a difference of 3+ between Min and Max damage)
c) randomness in who starts first (this affects order bonuses, etc)

3 - Not in the spirit of TCG?
Is Energy in the spirit of TCG?
The only thing you should be able to purchase with Feez should be BOOSTERS.
Nothing else. Ever.

4 - Have you tried <can'tnameothergames> from Blizzard?
It's in closed beta right now, and has Suggestion #2 implemented.
You draw 3 cards. You can replace 1, 2 or 3 of them.

Doesn't guarantee a good hand, but it really lowers the chance of getting an unplayable hand.

The game still has all the randomness it needs to have.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 02 Décembre 2013, 05:25 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 243
1. True
2. a) False we have things like germanition, fall of the emperor, armor invocation and a few other cards.
b) Some what False you know around what damage you will be dealing and your objective is to maximize it.
c) True but there are some ways to affect it (be it only 3-4 characters)

3) Energy is a waste of Feez agree but it is part of the game, it gives a player a way to campaign/grind and earn cards without having to grind against high tier decks in the level/elo room.

4) Okay but what is max hand of it? Is it 5-7 or is the max draw 3?

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 02 Décembre 2013, 14:32 
Guémélite

Oscar_Gomez a écrit :
2. a) False we have things like germanition, fall of the emperor, armor invocation and a few other cards.

You didn't get what I'm talking about, then.
The kind of cards Eredan has is "place a RANDOM Warrior card from your Deck and place it in your Hand.
The kind of cards I'm talking about is "Search a Warrior card from your Deck and place it in your Hand" - no randomness.

Oscar_Gomez a écrit :
b) Some what False you know around what damage you will be dealing and your objective is to maximize it.

Wrong. Some characters have 5-9 Attack, and if you consistently deal close to 5, and the enemy consistently deals close to 9, you will lose.
It has nothing to do with strategy.
The exception is "Lucky Charm" and other cards that cause your Min Attack to equal your Max Attack.

Oscar_Gomez a écrit :
c) True but there are some ways to affect it (be it only 3-4 characters)

And? -_-
I'm just saying Eredan has alot more randomness than average, and the starting hand is ALOT more important than in other games.

Oscar_Gomez a écrit :
3) Energy is a waste of Feez agree but it is part of the game, it gives a player a way to campaign/grind and earn cards without having to grind against high tier decks in the level/elo room.

Adventure Mode is made for players with good decks.
Non-Bosses give crap.
Bosses require decent decks.
Defeating all Adventure Bosses requires a HUGE variety of decks.

If only paying players can consistently beat all bosses, why the HELL can you purchase Energy, if Adventure Mode gives crap rewards, and a Booster can give you way better tools to consistently beat the Adventure Mode?

One good card from a Booster can give you enough Crystals to buy a "boss deck".

You can beat a boss 10 times and get commons & favors.
Why the hell would you buy Energy and Favors, instead of a Booster? Why?

Purchasing Energy and Favors are those things that seem to be there to deceive -> nothing else.
You know those timed events that give you a card if you beat all Ritual fights in a row without losing?
They are made to make players waste money on Energy/Favors, and don't give you anything special.

Oscar_Gomez a écrit :
4) Okay but what is max hand of it? Is it 5-7 or is the max draw 3?

Well, if you start first, you get 3 cards; If you start second you get 4 cards +1 special card designed to balance out the way the game is played.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 1   [ 8 message(s) ]