Eredan iTCG BrasileiroEredan iTCG DeutschEredan iTCG EspañolEredan iTCG ItalianoEredan iTCG FrançaisEredan iTCG English
Nous sommes actuellement le 18 Avril 2024, 14:06
Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 1   [ 10 message(s) ]
Auteur Message
Message Publié : 07 Avril 2013, 21:56 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 238
NOTE:
DO NOT MIND THE NUMBERS.
- The average time to decide could be higher.
- The # of games per reward could be higher.
MIND THE CONCEPT.
---

Eredan is in desperate need of better fairplay.
It will make the game more enjoyable, attractive, and ultimately draw more players to keep playing, grow attached to the game, spend money on it and bring friends.
---

The idea below is a group of Repeatable Trophies that envisions GREATLY improving the fairplay in Eredan.
It does this by encouraging players to be quick in their decisions and play games to the end (instead of quitting) through attractive rewards.

In this Trophy:
- You have an attractive reward
- You only get credit if you have NO fairplay penalty (the one that reduces your Cx & XP)
- It doesn't matter if you win or lose
- You must play the game until the end
- You must take less than an average of 10~20 seconds per decision.

- Any card rewards from these Trophies are non-tradeable

- Don't mind the numbers too much, just the concept.

Trophies (all of the trophies below - both the Primary and Secondary - are repeatable - yes, ALL)

Citer :
EDIT: I changed Sonic and Lightning rewards to 10 Cx & 1 TE, because I forgot that when you complete The Lightning or The Sonic, you also complete the ones behind it. The max reward is now what's supposed to be: 40 Cx and 4 TE.

Primary Trophies
- The Quick - Play and finish a game where you take less than 20 seconds in average to decide each move (card plays, discards and selections). Repeatable.
Reward: 20 Cx & 2 Temporal Energy
- The Sonic - Play and finish a game where you take less than 15 seconds in average to decide each move (card plays, discards and selections). Repeatable.
Reward: 10 Cx & 1 Temporal Energy
- The Lightning - Play and finish a game where you take less than 10 seconds in average to decide each move (card plays, discards and selections). Repeatable.
Reward: 10 Cx & 1 Temporal Energy

Secondary Trophies
- Time Initiate - Obtain 50 Temporal Energy. Repeatable.
Reward: Random Common
- Time Apprentice - Obtain 150 Temporal Energy. Repeatable.
Reward: Random Uncommon
- Time Adept - Obtain 400 Temporal Energy. Repeatable.
Reward: Random Rare
- Time Lord - Obtain 1000 Temporal Energy. Repeatable.
Reward: Alternates between Basic (6-card) Booster and Lite (4-card) Booster
- Time Overlord - Obtain 2000 Temporal Energy. Repeatable.
Reward: Alternates between Standard (12-card, you can choose Guild) and Veteran (16-card) Booster
---
Example:
Assuming the above requirements & rewards, after obtaining 375 Temporal Energy, wich represents between 94 and 188 games, you gain:
- 3750 Cx
- 7 Random Commons
- 2 Random Uncommons
---
Q: Why an average of 10/15/20 seconds per decision?
A: Some decisions can be super quick or made during other phases.
Example #1: You can decide what you're going to Discard while the cards are being played & the characters are attacking.
Example #2: You can decide what cards you're going to play while the character abilities, order bonuses and other effects are being activated.

Q: Why 50/150/400/1000/2000 Temporal Energy per reward?
A: Just an arbitrary number that felt right. Could be higher.

Results:
- Players are encouraged to play fair (no quitting)
- Games will usually be faster, wich makes Eredan more enjoyable for everyone.

Dernière édition par Nurvus le 28 Mai 2013, 02:23, édité 9 fois.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 08 Avril 2013, 17:26 
Néophyte

Message(s) : 12
It would definitely be great to encourage players to play faster, if their bandwidth permits it.

Already the animation takes up abundant time, it would be great if we have the option to turn it off, and have a bunch of battletext/report somewhere alongside instead.

There was a game that took up 14 mins of my time, for just 6 turns, no-brainer cards. Very frustrating, as if the opponent was provoking you to leave or go on waiting.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 08 Avril 2013, 17:36 
Guémélite

The 10~15 seconds average per decision is a placeholder.

But note this:
- It only counts YOUR decisions. So it doesn't matter if opponent takes alot of time to decide.
- Certain decisions are made during other parts of the game.
Examples:
- While the characters are activating the cards and/or attacking, you usually already know what you want to Discard, so the Discard Phase will probably take 2-4 seconds.
- While the character order bonuses and both the character and item effects are activating, you are already thinking about the cards you want to use.

So in the end, you take less time to decide than you might think
Furthermore, the Trophies might progress differently.
1 - You'd have 3 different basic Trophies:
- The Quick -> Requires average of 20 seconds or less per decision. Grants 2 Temporal Energy
- The Sonic -> Requires average of 15 seconds or less per decision. Grants +1 Temporal Energy
- The Lightning -> Requires average of 10 seconds or less per decision. Grants +1 Temporal Energy
2 - The Time Initiate/Apprentice/Adept/Lord/Overlord Trophies would count Temporal Energy rather than Trophies.

I'll edit the original post.

Dernière édition par Nurvus le 12 Avril 2013, 16:42, édité 1 fois.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 09 Avril 2013, 01:05 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 257
I personnaly think you need to balance power in the room, before having fairplay trophy or anything like that. Because, when you enconter someone with a deck that are 1000X your budget, it is a one way fun.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 09 Avril 2013, 01:15 
Guémélite

I agree that balance needs major improvement.

I don't agree that balance must be improved before implementing this.
If you know you're going to lose, but your reward is going to be good - such that you will build your deck quicker - you will have alot more incentive to play fast, try your best, learn with the fight, and sometimes you might even discover the deck you're fighting against doesn't have all the cards he needs, or doesn't play that well, or got unlucky.

The psychological factor of proper reward for fairplay would greatly improve the community.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 12 Avril 2013, 12:14 
Duelliste

Message(s) : 27
I posted a comment about quitting which Nurvus replied, and he mentioned this idea. Yes Nurvus, I totally agree with this. Actually, as i said before, I would agree with ANYTHING that would prevent people from quitting.

THUMBS SUPER-UP!

Shadow Guemelite
Air Guemelite
Corruption

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 23 Septembre 2013, 19:46 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 240
I agree, this would be a great change. There would be a reason not to qout when you see you are loosing.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 08 Novembre 2013, 23:28 
Guémélite

Wow, are english forums empty or what?

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 11 Novembre 2013, 11:35 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 226
Nurvus a écrit :

Just a ghost town here :) Great to see you are posting again. Did you see their "load" rule for the Standard Tournaments? Sounds like your "Epic card" suggestion... rehashed.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 11 Novembre 2013, 15:27 
Guémélite

Magius a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

Just a ghost town here :) Great to see you are posting again. Did you see their "load" rule for the Standard Tournaments? Sounds like your "Epic card" suggestion... rehashed.

Actually, it's a cheap copy of my Ranked (not Epic) Stat suggestion.

The problem is that their version doesn't balance anything. It just rotates "flavor of the tournament" decks.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 1   [ 10 message(s) ]