Eredan iTCG BrasileiroEredan iTCG DeutschEredan iTCG EspañolEredan iTCG ItalianoEredan iTCG FrançaisEredan iTCG English
Nous sommes actuellement le 19 Avril 2024, 16:07
Publier une réponse Page 3 sur 4   [ 35 message(s) ]
Aller vers la page Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant
Auteur Message
Message Publié : 08 Juillet 2013, 06:51 
Marchand

Message(s) : 522
Refined and rewrote the entire original post and added the Guild shop concept. Bump.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 08 Juillet 2013, 10:32 
Duelliste

Message(s) : 35
As a new player i will go ahead and add my 2 cents. For paying I do not mind dropping $10 a month into the game. However knowing that I only get 3 weeks of play out of that kind of turns me off the idea. Boost the access time to 4 weeks.

Your entire thing on how the economy is busted makes a ton of sense. Letting f2p players sell their cards on the marketplace is a great idea. and one that is sorely needed. Another thing is adding in the ability to sell adventure cards on the market place.

Over all it just seems that the staff needs to move to a better micro transaction model than they have at the moment. Letting people trade cards between each other would not work since that is an easy exploit but the idea of feeding commons into a lottery would work well.

To be honest a game should never be pay to win but i can see why that is needed sometimes. A reduction of that gap would keep more players while still encouraging paying. I am going for a 30-40% win chance with f2p players to win against P2P players just to not discourage new players. If you always lose then you will not want to play much. Right now i think it is a 10% chance of pulling through a game with a basic deck.

Well that is my 2 cents for now

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 08 Juillet 2013, 16:44 
Marchand

I really doubt they'll let adventure cards sell in the public market. Supposedly they're going to allow them to be sold at instant sale (destroy the card for x predefined crystals). I actually stole the guild shop idea as a mix of KoL's Alchemy lab & Reputation shop lol.

That's the thing,Feez aren't 100 for $1 usd. $10 is 550 feez, which is a whopping 1 regular pack, $25 is 1600 feez, which can get you the deck of a week and 1 pack. You'll only get 100 for 1 pricing if you buy $200 worth of feez in one shot. Feerik's pricing has always been up there for a purely digital product, and now that there are so many cards in the game, draw rates for anything not in the last 3 acts are abysmal, and the amount of people that will actually pay what it takes to get what they want are in the tens at most. We understood when the game was new, that prices would keep high end card stock on the high end, but the same thing that was good in act 1, completely destroys the average person's will to spend money on a flash game. In order to get the deck of the week, every week for a month, you'll spend enough for 3 months of WoW. Feerik doesn't seem to understand, if it's cheaper to play World of Warcraft, and you're a flash game, no one will love you unless their money has no value to them, in time's like these, that's a whopping 1% of potential customers.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 08 Juillet 2013, 20:52 
Duelliste

Schrei_VonWeisheit a écrit :
I really doubt they'll let adventure cards sell in the public market. Supposedly they're going to allow them to be sold at instant sale (destroy the card for x predefined crystals). I actually stole the guild shop idea as a mix of KoL's Alchemy lab & Reputation shop lol.

That's the thing,Feez aren't 100 for $1 usd. $10 is 550 feez, which is a whopping 1 regular pack, $25 is 1600 feez, which can get you the deck of a week and 1 pack. You'll only get 100 for 1 pricing if you buy $200 worth of feez in one shot. Feerik's pricing has always been up there for a purely digital product, and now that there are so many cards in the game, draw rates for anything not in the last 3 acts are abysmal, and the amount of people that will actually pay what it takes to get what they want are in the tens at most. We understood when the game was new, that prices would keep high end card stock on the high end, but the same thing that was good in act 1, completely destroys the average person's will to spend money on a flash game. In order to get the deck of the week, every week for a month, you'll spend enough for 3 months of WoW. Feerik doesn't seem to understand, if it's cheaper to play World of Warcraft, and you're a flash game, no one will love you unless their money has no value to them, in time's like these, that's a whopping 1% of potential customers.

Ya that is way too much to pay for a flash game a month. hell that is some peoples car insurance. You are not going to see new players spend that kind of money on digital cards they can't even trade. Hell rarely will people spend that kind of money on mtg cards a month

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 08 Juillet 2013, 21:18 
Marchand

And this is what we've all been saying, myself personally for the past 2 1/2 years, this is why there aren't that many active forum members, this is why there is a 100:1 rate for turnouts vs staying players, this is why better cards in the market place are 50k+, and finally, this is why this game is doomed to die. In the discussions forum I was tracking how many plays eredan has on kongregate, vs feerik's competition, and articulating all of the points of WHY eredan isn't drawing that game's audience from terms of accessibility and marketability. You know the game (you came here from KoL)on kong is younger than 6 months,it's floating toward double what Eredan has pulled in it's 2 1/2 year run there. All of the top, best, and highly rated comments for eredan say the same things the players have said on the forums, which makes the game look bad at first glance, most of the players I've met through this game and have had good times with, even ones with multiple legendary cards and an abundance of crystals(One of them was a mod on the old forums), have left because of the same thing we've all been saying. It makes me sad that such an awesome game loses out because Feerik's marketing team doesn't care about continuous customers, is afraid of giving non-paying players anything/reducing their prices in the name of APPEAL, and seem content with their revenue coming the few tens of people that have deep pockets and the people that purchase feez once and leave once they see the real prices. (first time buyers get feez at a better rate).
Feerik's business model, and how they "promote" people to spend has made many notable, long time, almost infamous players disappear...

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 09 Juillet 2013, 00:20 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 243
Schrei_VonWeisheit a écrit :
Feerik's business model, and how they "promote" people to spend has made many notable, long time, almost infamous players disappear...

IQuit is gone, I think catcatcat as much I disliked his opinions is gone, is jackal19 still around?

A decent amount of players that were active on the old forums are gone now. And those that stayed are either coming back after a looong break(Like me, not very happy how they still do things), or are sitting on enough crystals/cards to not NEED to pay.

I don't believe they all left because a simple forum change upset them.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 09 Juillet 2013, 01:45 
Marchand

Damn straight, I remember Bleachman (an old moderator and head of the pre-clan clan MSNBATCOCAS) said he left for personal reasons but he'd told us more in iirc :/
The last time I heard from izZy was rage against the lucyan event, she and Stoon were the original op players :/

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 09 Juillet 2013, 06:55 
Duelliste

Man the more i hear of these problems the more i kind of do not want to even get into this game. That is probably the average mindset of most new people as soon as they find out what is actually in store for them.

Even with solid gameplay and rules that would not be bad with actual cards if the barrier is this large then you will lose players. there is no ifs, ands, or buts on this. Hell i do not even like going to friday night magic since i need to update my deck in order to even play every other month. For players having to buy their cards piecemeal like a f2p does just is a bad way to keep players. I know they are dropping new decks every week along with new cards but most players will stick to a faction they like and not expand past that. For instance I doubt most people have more than 5 decks and 3 of them will probably be a starter deck they bought.

I will probably just kind of stick to adventure mode for awhile then even if i am getting cards i can do nothing with at least i am getting cards

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 09 Juillet 2013, 09:41 
Marchand

Apollo Densin a écrit :
Man the more i hear of these problems the more i kind of do not want to even get into this game. That is probably the average mindset of most new people as soon as they find out what is actually in store for them.

Even with solid gameplay and rules that would not be bad with actual cards if the barrier is this large then you will lose players. there is no ifs, ands, or buts on this. Hell i do not even like going to friday night magic since i need to update my deck in order to even play every other month. For players having to buy their cards piecemeal like a f2p does just is a bad way to keep players. I know they are dropping new decks every week along with new cards but most players will stick to a faction they like and not expand past that. For instance I doubt most people have more than 5 decks and 3 of them will probably be a starter deck they bought.

I will probably just kind of stick to adventure mode for awhile then even if i am getting cards i can do nothing with at least i am getting cards

Try 1 deck unless they've been buying the deck of the week for the past month, trophy cards from the weekly events you may not have completed cost real money, if you can't or don't want to actually grind the trophy, that's more money, and now, you can buy crystals for feez,which adds to the total amount of crystals in existence, which adds to crystal inflation. The only thing the deck of the week has accomplished was forcing the prices of new cards down to the average price range they'll float in, within the same week they were released.

From original post
1a -Currently, players that don't have high tier decks have no incentive to play pvp except for trophies, the few that are on the forums speak more of becoming a hermit in adventure mode,this kind of behavior leaves the pvp with very little diversity.

Your statement is exactly why I proposed the guild shop, to reward players for guild loyalty, instead of condemning them to pve bosses for cards.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 09 Juillet 2013, 09:56 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 226
I agree. I remember the times where the English forums are very vibrant, we have an active IRC channel to chat and arrange games, helping each other levelling up...

Ahh the good old days. I also seem to remember a good English translator by the name of Dantesan, who left.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Publier une réponse Page 3 sur 4   [ 35 message(s) ]
Aller vers la page Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant