Eredan iTCG BrasileiroEredan iTCG DeutschEredan iTCG EspañolEredan iTCG ItalianoEredan iTCG FrançaisEredan iTCG English
Nous sommes actuellement le 16 Avril 2024, 07:15
Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 2   [ 17 message(s) ]
Aller vers la page 1, 2  Suivant
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message : Ereden Launcher
Message Publié : 06 Février 2013, 09:03 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 107
Good day.

Will it be possible to have a Launcher for the game that we can download and install? It will allow players to play properly with low-speed internet, thus low disconnection rate. TY. :geek:

Hors-ligne Profil  

Sujet du message : Re: Ereden Launcher
Message Publié : 06 Février 2013, 10:32 
Immortel

Message(s) : 3537
I don't see the gain you will have with a launcher.
When you connect, the game performs an automatic update and thus you need a big bandwidth to receive the last version.
After that, the bandwidth use is quite low.

Do you mean to download automatically all graphics in the launcher ?

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Février 2013, 11:16 
Guémélite

Yes. I'am also playing games like diablo 3, starcraft 2, etc. Like you said. when you log in the game auto updates. so the first log in after an update will be slow. Too slow at times that many players in my clan dislike it (including me). They get annoyed and keep refreshing the page instead of waiting it out. Time is wasted because the energy counter is already full. Honestly, i can only play in the morning (before work) and in the evening (after work). And its quite annoying when the long log in happens. One of my clan mates actually mentioned about a launcher and after thinking about it i realized that its a good idea.

The launcher can save the card database itself. so the eredan server can concentrate on the administrative part (account/careds/decks info/mng't). And i addition maybe the cards database can be accessed offline using the launcher. As a new player, I often find myself trying to look for the cards that I need/may need to make or upgrade a deck. And right now I have to rely on the market for self-education on cards which is not always reliable since some cards are not in the market (especially legendary staples). It would be nice to have a card database ready for access whenever I get the urge to conceptualize deck ideas...

:D

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Février 2013, 11:27 
Immortel

For the education,you can see all the cards from your collection, just choose "all series" in the upper left combo-box.

For the download time, I understand your concern even I'm not convinced by your solution.
The initial connexion update the software but not the cards themselves who are downloaded upon request when you display a card.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Février 2013, 12:17 
Guémélite

Zurga a écrit :
For the education,you can see all the cards from your collection, just choose "all series" in the upper left combo-box.

did you mean in MY collection? As I mentioned before I am a new player and my collection has less than 800 cards on it. I did reach the 800 mark after buying a lot of boosters. Its a lot less now after selling on the market.

When i just started playing I collected pictures of all available sap hearts cards by copying the URL, placing on a browser tab, and copying the images as it is. In order to get a sense of what the sap hearts is capable of. I didn't even know about trophy cards, adventure cards (strong ones), and event cards until a month after I started playing. I can't do that to all 2000+ cards we have now. :lol:

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Février 2013, 12:22 
Immortel

Yes, go to your collection.
On the upper left corner, there is a combo-box.
Open it and choose "all series".
Enjoy the complete list of cards available.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Février 2013, 21:09 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 238
The benefits of a launcher are immense.
The most easy to identify are:
- No need for constant downloads for graphics of cards (sometimes cards aren't displayed, and we need to clear our browser cache, etc)
- Ability to get back to an ongoing game after a disconnect

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Février 2013, 21:20 
Eminence

Message(s) : 1106
this looks like an amazing idea....!!!

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Février 2013, 23:56 
Marchand

Message(s) : 536
Ironically, I seem to be in the boat where I always need to clear my cache these days just to see the cards in my deck. The cards no longer seem to download and if I want to switch decks I need to clear my cache again just to see my deck. Half the time I'm flying blind because I'm too lazy to clear my cache.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 11 Février 2013, 22:18 
Néophyte

Message(s) : 8
As I read it this luncher would be something which contains all the cards and everything in the game and it "only" contacts with the eredan server right?

So if it's on everyones computer, wouldn't be it much easire to heck it or to cheat?

I mean you change the information the luncher sends to the server etc. so you will gat all the cards in the game. And cheaters won't need to steal feez. Or if they need so they could have an easier access to the main server through the lncher.

I may be paranoid or i may not understand how this stuff would work, but i'm afraid that it holds the danger of increasing number of cheaters.

However i like the idea of the luncher.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 2   [ 17 message(s) ]
Aller vers la page 1, 2  Suivant