Eredan iTCG BrasileiroEredan iTCG DeutschEredan iTCG EspañolEredan iTCG ItalianoEredan iTCG FrançaisEredan iTCG English
Nous sommes actuellement le 28 Avril 2024, 16:00
Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 3   [ 21 message(s) ]
Aller vers la page 1, 2, 3  Suivant
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message : Balance change (nerfs)
Message Publié : 08 Juin 2015, 01:12 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 240
To begin with, before discussing bufs and nerfs, it is worthy to discuss, what balanse is.

To my mind, the core idea of balance is balance between archtypes, and sertain very powerfull cards, that can turn winning into losing and vise versa, both for the same player.

The example is - it has a good effect, but has a backfire too. The problem, however, is more complicated than this - there are deck's core cards, like , whithout which the archetype would just die out.

I'll try to suggest some nerfs of powerfull supporting cards, since the core ones should remain untouched.

Sap hearts:

Name:
New text: At the start of the fight gains Hom'Chai and Elfine races instead of his current ones. Each time one of your characters dies because of the opposing character's effect, Ourenos deals his current attack to that character.

Name:
New text: for each of your dead hom'chais spirit and defense +2 and heals 1 health point. An additional attack +1 for each weapon in play. Chain Hom'chai Item.

Justification - Hom'chais with ourenos have a too quick start, I believe, that, as warriors, they should be slown down. Wrath is just too powerfull by itself - it is played in the end, and gives 18 points instantly! Too much for a single, non-unique card!

Name:
Change: remove either discarding or bonus damage.
Justification: For now it is a card for everything - attack, defence and countering. Smoke bomb was nerfed, but it was giving less bonuses, so this should be nerfed too.

Name:
Change: remove stat penalty or change bonus to +1/+2 instead of +2/+4.
Reason: Same as Ancestral wrath.

Runic legion:

Name:
What to change: 1 damage instead of two.
Justification: too many damage. If you play two in 1 and 2 round, then, you kill two out of combat characters, or, at least, get a colossal amount of points.

Name:
What to change: 3 or 4 cor runes instead of 2. (Better 4).
OR
What to change: this character gains attack +3 until the end of the game. (most preferable for me).
OR

What to change: remove giving cor runes.
Justification: In Global it is too easy to get permanent +9 attack on all your characters in first three turns, and than just smash your opponent with this gigantic bonus!
I really believe that training should be a support, not a very single card that wins the game with Secret rituals.

Kotoba:

What to change: deal printed attack.
OR
Your swords are discarded, than you deal attacks. (Without sword's bonuses)
Justification: Damage with swords is too big - enough to kill two characters at the same time usually. +the warriod doesnot lose his normal attack.

Zil, Linkers and Pirates: cannot remember too powerfull imbas at the moment.

Nehant

Add: This card is removed from the game after use.
Justification - current version is unlimited and too powerfull.

Noz:
Name:
Change: remove spell discarding effect.
Reason: too powerfull counter for mages - no stable strategy for anyone who relyes on permanent spells.

Name:
How to change: add Compendium.
Reason: using it by Dragon knights each turn is too much - they have good parameter boosts even without it.

Mercenaries:
Name:
Change: Heal maximum 9 health points.
Reason: too good to deal tons of damage and than heal all the damage suffered.

Nomads: nothing at the moment.

Courtier:

Name:
Change: "at the start of round 1, every opposing character gains -1 to attack for each one of your noz allies, spirit -1 for each one of your stonelinker allies, if your enemy is marauder, defense -1 for each one of your sap allies."
Justification: current version is too powerfull. With this change, Lady wount be so strong and she will be a little worse supporter then now. Also, it will encourage some alternative strategies.

No guild:

Proposition de modification: Your Area of Effect (AoE) spells cannot be activated after this card. Choose 2 spells from your discard pile and play them. Compendium: you can play spells without restrictions. A non-AoE spell from your hand is played. At the end of the fight this card is removed from the game.
Justification: to awoid situations when a mage kills all the opposing characters with a lot of AoE spells, such as Lightning bolts.

Name:
Proposition de modification: action, Mage, Warrior. Duration 3 turns. The holder becomes a nehantist. When the holder loses this card it is removed from the game. Anytime when a character shold suffer X magic damages, if X is bigger then 6 then he suffers X/3 magic damages (rounded up). Warrior: defense +1 Mage: chain.
(This reduction and checks for damage should be applied after spirit reduction, for example - 1) Tanaer of Arcania (spirit=3) should suffer from deus ex machina, he suffers: 10-3=7, 7>6, 7/3=3, so he suffers 3 damages. 2) Tanaer of arcania (spirit=3) shold suffer from Lux Draconis 8 magic damages, he suffers: 8-3=5, 5<6, so he suffers 5 damages).
Justification: This card is really powerfull so it needs to be nerfed. In this variant it would not stop mages from playing spells, so they will be able to cast something protective, but it still prevents warriors from being one-shoted, so it is still a good protection.

Name:
To add: Unique.
Reason: Lightning bolts are unique and this card is not, but they just have same effects (in numbers).

Name:
To add: If another menasing sky was not discarded, all your next lightning spells are ignored.
Reason: still too powerfull to play 3 spells for nearly free.

If I remember something, I'll add it.

In total to all: where are nehant/linker cards with very strong effects that have good effect from turn 3 and more?

Dernière édition par Mr. Zub le 08 Juin 2015, 16:01, édité 1 fois.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Sujet du message : Re: Balance change (nerfs)
Message Publié : 08 Juin 2015, 03:09 
Archonte

Message(s) : 2233
Lets play like this here many more missing letters which manufactures unconsciously stop them because he has his heart for them; They jauria not played cards, or courtiers direct, or abaras, gunpowder or pirates, or admiral, or inmortal, or magical warriors, courtiers or magicians, should greatly hate Cutting all ties to propose, and so many more ....

Rather than engage in the game not create bad cards from now on, because they know nerfear, most often leave trash nerfeada letter.

If you really want to see improvements in the game, propose improvements in many letters that enhance forgotten breeds other than repeaters on deck fashion, illustration the pack; or throwing ice elves not improved at all, it was a waste of time that roll, there will be some who will play with them Quilingo?

Remember, if you somehow do case, there will always be new characters and decks to hate those who replace the nerfed, and so on, always hatred.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 08 Juin 2015, 03:50 
Immortel

Message(s) : 6173
some cards you prpopossed are deck killers decks, last action/menacing sky are bad ideas

cutting all the ties should be removed from the game

i sent the suggestions of the last year topic, and working on the rest of the suggestions of this foum, but again, that suggestions (most of them) are killing nefs

aflameinferno7: your post is unintelligible

create a new post if you want to communicate with me, DONT SEND PMs!!!!

CURRENT STATUS: OFFLINE / NOT MODERATING

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 08 Juin 2015, 03:54 
Eminence

Message(s) : 1655
It seems somebody thought this was Singapore and began talking in Singlish (Singaporean English).

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 08 Juin 2015, 04:17 
Néophyte

Message(s) : 2
I guess some people think google translator can solve any language issue. Guess what ? it can't

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 08 Juin 2015, 04:25 
Immortel

suggestions, not bullying

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 08 Juin 2015, 09:35 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 240
To aflameinferno7: Is it me, to whom you wrote the messagу, I am not from the stuff. And what you propose wouldn't solve the problems of current balance.

To Recliff and Daniel_Fera: If you help me to find my mistakes, I will be very gratefull.

To Wolvos: what is deck killing? I tried to think about such nerfs that don't kill decks.

1) If you don't want to kill anything, than get away from Cutting all ties - it is a core card of mind lock deck!

2) "last action/menacing sky are bad ideas" - why?

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 08 Juin 2015, 10:16 
Marchand

Message(s) : 348
the thing again is that these ideas are very much subject to individual player experiences.

for example . i used to play a deck based on an infinite circle of cutting ties but the deck itself never came out of its 50% win chance because some decks i played against simply didnt need cards to destroy me... thinking about noz mages and immortals in this case

another example is . i also happen to have 3 of em and build a deck around them but i lack most noz mage cards/chars to go for amnezy. anyhow my deck experience is that this spell is hard but not unbeatable... i have an average 6/10 win score which i think hardly deserves a nerf

last example is . i play him myself but i barely scratch 1600 elo with him and that only if i have lots of luck with my enemy. nebsen itself is a legend and has good stats and support for the team but no matter how i use him, he never is fast. a nebsen deck will win in a long term fight and not in an all-out clash thus his weakness is, beatdown... an average noz mage will grill the big chicken to crisp even with all the healing power nebsen can bring up (as of today)

i dont want to totally destroy the idea of changing the game to a more balanced one but i dont think that a nerf is the correct way...

nurvus once suggested different card status like 'unique' but with 2 cards each deck... this can help to limit the accessability of 'good' cards

if i m not totally mistaken nurvus also suggested something like a load system in standard but for amnezy and in interaction with cards which would look like this (either put 3 menancing skies or 1 sky and thunder³ otherwise load gets too high)

this wont "break" a certain gameplay but simply reduce the accessability thus they wont dominate the game that much anymore

btw: i m not english native myself and i think its pretty inappropriate to comment on someone's ability to write/speak proper or not... communication works as long as you understand and if you dont understand then ask!

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 08 Juin 2015, 10:40 
Immortel

farra and recliff werent aiming to you mr zub
google translator inst god

to mr. zub:
last action: in a closer future you could see a 10 spirit compendium, with the same abuse attack point, resitricting the last action to compendium only isnt the solution

runic training idea you gave is 1001% killer, as spark things off's nerf you think thats the problem, and still want to nerf menacing sky. The centorium's issue is the free rune generation and the free chain action of the centorium, there is no strategy anymore on playing rune generation cards, and you can use the best neutral cards instead, try to play without guild cards in everything else (please dont troll with this, i know of courtiers, mercenary castes, and even some priest can play with neutrals) imagine if every deck had their own secret rituals: if you could fill your enemy with 2 poweder tokens everytime you play a neutral, or adding +1 in heals for that round everytime a priest plays a neutral, attack + 1 everytime you play an action, and so

menacing sky: this deck is already dead, there is no way a 3rd nerf could fix it, because there is no deck to kill -you cant kill what is already dead-
talking about mages, noz are the 1º mages because of the single target spells and high spirit characters, pirate/courtier lightning were 2º in the rank with AoE spells, the 2º got nerfed and also, they released another abusive legendary against spells to the list of ignoring damage/spells cards

cutting all the ties: yes, this kind of card IS an issue in strategy games, but you want to kill it instead of fix it, removing CatT from the game is enough nerf, playable up to 4 times with the current pool of cards, i think is fair and if not, the developers should add cards against this instead of killing it

as last action, or 7 secrets, or ourenos, they work with "*" instead of the normal +/- they are a problem when things get out of control, or as time passes by, last action i act 1: playable hardly 2 times in the game, max bonus (playing than the sword+order bonus+ prophet alive) 14 dmg with a pure mage (mage hitting with 17/20, while abomination was able to 18/23 with act 1 setup), 6 with a witchblade (time to die combo 6+8 attack), 4 with a dk.
the actual problem is, those cards always get out of control, unless you put a cap (not the max cap bonus = 4 when everything in the game give you a +4), there is no point removing the card from a specific deck, it will comeback again sooner or later

to calandra:
experience is the only thing we got, i think antimagic glyphs are a nightmare not only because i preffer mages (because i dont), i think im being fair with this statement, see how the game punish mage players instead of balancing them ; the idea of creating this new counter was because of the noz blast winning amnezy, but they won some tournaments because of the current bans (no Power of the Colossus, no settlement, no god of evil)

long time ago we have the same discussion when general fray (act 6 or 7 nerf)/thunderstroke (act dont remember nerf) got nerfed, a lot of people claimed for those nerfs and the tournament position of those decks were the same

then why general fray was nerfed: because indeed that card give you free wins agains non warriors

thunderstroke was similar

you have to do a clever analysis of what's wrong with the card/deck
sure you have 50% win ratio with CatT, but what is the point of losing because you didnt play draw since round? how can i be able to do something? i lost and there is nothing i could do, why i would bother to play with you then? same happened with the act 2-3 discard the only card against him was A new start, its not overpowered, you have the way to beat it (1 million crystals, and trackers [dat shuriken f***d me a lot of times]) what is the point of playing with you if the only card i can use to win isnt in my deck?

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 08 Juin 2015, 11:16 
Marchand

Message(s) : 348
what i meant is... nerfs are never good... half of the player is for the nerf, the other half is against it... whenever feerik was nerfing cards, the players (including some of the nerf supporters) were uni sono saying that this nerf was too hard and "broke" the gameplay of this type

the experience is always based on subjective interaction thus if i say: 'This card XYZ is soooooo unfair and needs to be banished, burned and the inventor should hang' it simply is just and only my opinion... it cant be objective, can never be

i still think its kinda funny to call SoS or the new legend 'gamebraking'. what about the nehantic stone then? spell immunity? permanent? wow... but mage players found a way around which is discarding the stone... easy... against the legend... discard would be an option the other option i see (if i would play a noz mage deck) is simply transferring spirit into attackpower, thus not having magical damage dealt and thus killing the opponent who is 'protected against magic'

if OPilkim is using his 6+ spirit to play 2 times ...then the sword he will get 12 attack no? and this is only a basic attack push spell... people who complain that their decks are broken now because of this card and that card are, in my very personal view, stupid... they should think and readjust their decks to deal with this new form... like all other decks have to as well...

half a year ago many many ppl used high def decks based on pirate golems, marodeurs were complaining... readjusted their gameplay with cards like "from behind" and tadaa... doable... nowadays not so many high def decks around... maros wont go with cards like from behind... easy logic... same should go for all other forms of decks... adjust always to the mainstream... you see many of X then use Y, you see many Y then use Z

some cards are a bit unfair, yes... like SoS can be... if timed well... but that, again for my personal view, counts towards tough luck... the right card for the right situation simply will decide the game

Hors-ligne Profil  

Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 3   [ 21 message(s) ]
Aller vers la page 1, 2, 3  Suivant