Eredan iTCG BrasileiroEredan iTCG DeutschEredan iTCG EspañolEredan iTCG ItalianoEredan iTCG FrançaisEredan iTCG English
Nous sommes actuellement le 20 Avril 2024, 02:13
Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 4   [ 37 message(s) ]
Aller vers la page 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message : The current Problem of Eredan
Message Publié : 20 Juillet 2016, 11:04 
Vénérable

Message(s) : 750
Well its kinda obvius but well there are some problems with the game at the moment that make it die out.
We all have maybe seen that there are now very few people playing the game and itsh ard to even find an opponent.
So what are the problems we currently have?
(Excluding the fact that a mobile versio woudl be helpfull, thats another whole topic and something that cant be changed that fast)

1. Problem:
and thats really the main issue, nothing to do.
Because lets be honest, normal games do get you nearly no reward atm, you get around 70 cx for a game.
Now the probleme here is that a SINGLE decent card can cost around 10k cx.
So the normal gmes ar not very attraktive to get currency.
And if you complete 5 daily challengs you get 1 card....which lets be honest, for as long as i play eredan i got i think 2 Good cards from it.
And because they are random they mostly dont help your cause.
And consider the card pool, its not very likely to get the stuff you want.
Now true, we have the adventure mdoe for that, but thats a single player expierience.
And it empties out the play rooms even more.
There is now no incentive to play i nthe normale rooms besides from events.
We need somethign like a trophy or somethign similar, maybe increase the daily challenge reward or something.
Here you would need to drasticly increae rewards for normal games.

Problem 2. Inflation
Like i said, decent cards are costing now 10k each.
Thats because there is no vent to pull crystalls from the market.
And because of that prices are always climbing higher and higher.
Here we need something to pull money from the players to make everything more affordable.
Maybe make packs buyable with cx but at a pretty high price.
4 random, 20k cx, chose your guild 12 cards 65k cx.

Problem 3.The Barrier of entry.
Ok ,here is the biggest problem i think that prevents new players from entering.
The Barrier of entry is way to high for new players.
because you see, the basic decks wil lget DECIMATED be a somewhat decent deck with no chance of even scratching them.
On the other hand, maybe the player puts some money into the game and gets a half decent deck.
But there are still op decks that just Slaughter them which just makes you feel helpless.
Lets maybe compare it to the (i think) most popular itcg aroudn atm.
the one from blizzard.
The differences between top tier decks arent to far of from the starting decks.
Sure there is a alance difference, but you have at least a fighting chance.
Compared to here, just imagine the 3 turn slaughter of a runic legion deck against a starter deck.
Because of that i would add some REALLY strong cards to the starter decks, or give beginners a ood time, let them earn like 10 guild boosters ovver the course of theyr early levels.
I can only draw a comparison here again, there was a recent events with 13 free Boosters, and it only gave you more insentive to get more cards fro mthem because well you had cards to 3 hald decks. So giving something like that out might rather improve the game.
to prevent new account abuse you could lock the market for a pretty high level, like lets say 20?

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 20 Juillet 2016, 14:58 
Marchand

Message(s) : 348
i agree on a few points and i wont argue that the others may not be true but i dont think they are very important...

i agree on the entrance barrier: starting this game today became a lot more difficult then when i started the game because there is indeed a huge gap in between starter decks and established decks... this could be helped easily by upgrading starter decks... i still think if players new to eredan get the feeling that they acutally could reach somewhere then they would rather stick to game

i also agree with the cx removal idea and back then when a 30% tax was an idea made by feerik the playersbase (not sure anymore how my stance was back then) all but crushed this idea... feerik identified this problem rather quickly and tried to adress it with limited success... since then new ideas regarding this topic are nowhere to be found

i want to mention something else... i m an active gamer and i m really into browser games (not the mmo type, but rather simple games) and since ever eredan has been somehow the only one that i played which included other players... but what i want to say is that i ve seen many many game platforms and other mmo games... the main difference to me was... advertisement... i ve been talking to boadicea about this once and told her about a platform which i still use where there is an enourmous amount of online gamers that, i really think so, would love to discover a game such as eredan... but they simply dont know

boadicea back then was transmitting my idea of putting adds on this site to the staff and they actually really did it... first and only time i have ever seen anything pointing at eredan outside of the game sphere itself... after a month or some such timespan the add disappeared again... and i think it was rather poorly implemented

the platform i m talking about (not sure i m allowed to name it) provides game developers a chance to publish their game... many are free-to-play with purchasable content... the platform itself provides quests for some games... people like me .... are quest hunters... i m somehow only playing these quest games... its like a biiiiiig add for a game if it has quest on this site...

now i want to combine these points because i think they are all connected:

- if feerik decides to proper advertise the game and lure new players
- at the same time provide an easier entrance to the game for newcomers
- works on the inflation with ideas such as gilgameshs buying booster for cx which also would provide a card increase in market

then... i think eredan would bloom again

so far the 50€ packs worked quite well i think... recently i ve seen lots of players who must have bought at least 1 booster like this because they were level 20ish running around with competetive decks that had 1-2 legends in them already...

but this strategy wont bring back masses of players... it will only work for a very small minority of players...

(finally... i dont think this game got nothing to do for you...)

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 20 Juillet 2016, 15:44 
Vénérable

thank you, i think advertisement is also very important and i can only agree.
I never saw some kind of advertiesement somewhere for it.

nothing to do is maybe not the right wording.
But i loved the times when the normal game room was always full of people.
And now its depressingly empty, thats kinda sad.
giving players more incentive to go into the play room thats what i would like to see.
I loved to remember the time with the weekly trophys where the roomes were just stuffed and everyone played weird decks just to win that trophy^^

And i don not claim that everything i suggest is the absolute truth, its just as i see it.
And maybe i can give some helpfull suggestions.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 20 Juillet 2016, 19:47 
Immortel

Message(s) : 6173
eredan had ads in fb, that was how i jump here in first place, cant remember when they removed it

daily rewards are bad

progression is too slow

personal case: never got a legendary from boosters

market is out of control

classes are unbalanced, some cards need a fix

almost everything was pointed and hinted to the staff since 2 years, what we need is implement at least for beta testing

create a new post if you want to communicate with me, DONT SEND PMs!!!!

CURRENT STATUS: OFFLINE / NOT MODERATING

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 21 Juillet 2016, 14:04 
Vénérable

Another idea i could think of:
We have those pre build decks, that are...decent i guess.
Why not give players who reach a certain level the chance to buy one of those decks for FREE.
So they have a decent basis for a deck and there is even more intent to buy packs because those decks are pretty incomplete but a solid basis.
Although they should be made unsellable.
Could be done with free or with cx bought packs, you get the cards, but the cards themself are unsellable.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 21 Juillet 2016, 14:15 
Aventurier

Message(s) : 70
GilgameshXII a écrit :
Well its kinda obvius but well there are some problems with the game at the moment that make it die out.
We all have maybe seen that there are now very few people playing the game and itsh ard to even find an opponent.
So what are the problems we currently have?
(Excluding the fact that a mobile versio woudl be helpfull, thats another whole topic and something that cant be changed that fast)

1. Problem:
and thats really the main issue, nothing to do.
Because lets be honest, normal games do get you nearly no reward atm, you get around 70 cx for a game.
Now the probleme here is that a SINGLE decent card can cost around 10k cx.
So the normal gmes ar not very attraktive to get currency.
And if you complete 5 daily challengs you get 1 card....which lets be honest, for as long as i play eredan i got i think 2 Good cards from it.
And because they are random they mostly dont help your cause.
And consider the card pool, its not very likely to get the stuff you want.
Now true, we have the adventure mdoe for that, but thats a single player expierience.
And it empties out the play rooms even more.
There is now no incentive to play i nthe normale rooms besides from events.
We need somethign like a trophy or somethign similar, maybe increase the daily challenge reward or something.
Here you would need to drasticly increae rewards for normal games.

Problem 2. Inflation
Like i said, decent cards are costing now 10k each.
Thats because there is no vent to pull crystalls from the market.
And because of that prices are always climbing higher and higher.
Here we need something to pull money from the players to make everything more affordable.
Maybe make packs buyable with cx but at a pretty high price.
4 random, 20k cx, chose your guild 12 cards 65k cx.

Problem 3.The Barrier of entry.
Ok ,here is the biggest problem i think that prevents new players from entering.
The Barrier of entry is way to high for new players.
because you see, the basic decks wil lget DECIMATED be a somewhat decent deck with no chance of even scratching them.
On the other hand, maybe the player puts some money into the game and gets a half decent deck.
But there are still op decks that just Slaughter them which just makes you feel helpless.
Lets maybe compare it to the (i think) most popular itcg aroudn atm.
the one from blizzard.
The differences between top tier decks arent to far of from the starting decks.
Sure there is a alance difference, but you have at least a fighting chance.
Compared to here, just imagine the 3 turn slaughter of a runic legion deck against a starter deck.
Because of that i would add some REALLY strong cards to the starter decks, or give beginners a ood time, let them earn like 10 guild boosters ovver the course of theyr early levels.
I can only draw a comparison here again, there was a recent events with 13 free Boosters, and it only gave you more insentive to get more cards fro mthem because well you had cards to 3 hald decks. So giving something like that out might rather improve the game.
to prevent new account abuse you could lock the market for a pretty high level, like lets say 20?

+1

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 21 Juillet 2016, 18:42 
Immortel

Message(s) : 6173
having what we have in the game i asked directly for a legendaryless full free deck, 1 of any traditional strategy (for example noz we have dks, pure mage, wb and thats all), for starters with a chance of a purchase of a second one max

maybe leveling progression is a good way to unlock just 2 more

eredan must offer a solid deck since day 1 or nobody will dare to stay the second they do maths

create a new post if you want to communicate with me, DONT SEND PMs!!!!

CURRENT STATUS: OFFLINE / NOT MODERATING

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 21 Juillet 2016, 18:45 
Duelliste

Message(s) : 42
I really like the Idea of buying a Theme Deck like those for Quillingo with cx and make them so that you can't sell them.

More possible Ideas that migth fix one or the other problem.
1.A Budget Deck Room in which you're deck can't include expensive cards in which you can do missions that help you to enter the game.
or
2.A room which use the energy from the adventure room or cx to play the winner get a card which is at least uncommen. In this room you don't use your own deck but a random really good Deck. (You either have to play without knowing the Deck first or you see the decklist shortly before you play.)
or
3.We give each player a new option over Decks which says: Sealed Deck. You pay a number of cx and get a card pool. This cards are seperated from the collection and can only used for this sealed Deck. For a number of cx you can exchange your current Sealed pool with another one. Then in the Sealed room you can play against other players but you don't get cx for a victory or a loss.
A Sealed pool can be generated by choosing a Guild or Theme. The pool could include a number of cards which can be played from every Character and cards which fit in the Theme but you would never gain cards which can't be played by any of the Characters. To prevent something like keeping a good Deck if you got one per luck we could reset those Decks per default each month or weak. And maybe one could make a special tournament which cost cx but the prices are random cards from Standard or Basic (not exchangeable), Medals or just a random rare.

It's important that such a room (as explained in the examples 1-3) cost more cx or another resource to play than you gain from a Fight and that you can't sell the cards you win from the battles (should cost at least as much as you gain from the system for selling a rare card you can't sell to players)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next Idea: add a Mission to AM which cost CX and Energy (maybe one can increase the number of cx you have to pay more for each time you start the mission to reduce the number of Cx in the game. If you win you gain a card from Basic-Standard. The mission should have some rules like just common, uncommon and a limited number of Rares can be used similar to the scorpion and Toxic. I suggest a really hard mission which cost a lot of cx which drops standard cards and one mission with less cx (at least 2000) that drops only Basic cards.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another Idea for daily reward give each day a card but for day 1-3 or something like that only commons, day 4-5 Uncommon. Let the player choose between Global cards and Basic meaning either he get a random card from all sets (but never a rare) and if the player choose Basic he get a small chance to obtain a Basic rare. So the small players get a better way into Basic and fight on the same level as higher players. Meaning we need a better way to access Basic for small players.
I know that the a adventure mode mission drops just Basic cards still the (new) players need to know this. Maybe a notification for them?

I hope some of this ideas help to develop something which helps solving the problems. Still Feerik needs to gain Money out of the game. And I also undestad that this is a lot of work for the developer.

I still think the Pre-build Decks are pretty cool for new players to get their way into Standard. But we need a way for them to enjoy the Game so much that they want to gain them.

PS: I'm Bachelor of Sience Subject Game Design so you could say that this was a free Game Design suggestion from someone who studied in the field. Normaly I get paid for suggesting such things ;) Just a reminder of my qualifications to discuss such matters.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 21 Juillet 2016, 20:03 
Aventurier

Message(s) : 70
We used to have a close community of dragon hunters as well.
Every day we could hunt a few dragons and needed 30 wins with a clan.
That gave a strong bond and players were looking forward to it.
Now dragon hunting on other bonding aspects of the game are gone.

I would be a huge fan to introduce the dragons on a more regular basis.
Also maybe some other bosses that can be defeated in group.

+ buidling up to higher rewards with daily logins!

I rest my case

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 21 Juillet 2016, 20:31 
Marchand

Message(s) : 348
i think the dragon hunt era was an accident by feerik... i ve had conversations about that with boadicea and she told me that the staff was not aware of the "short" interval between dragon pops... kinda made me realize how deep the staff actually is able or willing to look into this game

Hors-ligne Profil  

Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 4   [ 37 message(s) ]
Aller vers la page 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant