Eredan iTCG BrasileiroEredan iTCG DeutschEredan iTCG EspañolEredan iTCG ItalianoEredan iTCG FrançaisEredan iTCG English
Nous sommes actuellement le 19 Mars 2024, 08:35
Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 1   [ 10 message(s) ]
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message : A Look on Balance
Message Publié : 05 Novembre 2016, 16:03 
Guémélite

Message(s) : 243
I want to discuss what eredans doing wrong in terms of balancing this game. They think if they simply just release a bunch of powerful cards, it'll fix everything. It's not and its killing this game.

I want to show you the most perfectly balanced card in Eredan (IMO ;) )

Here we see a card that has a rather simple ability and decently stat-ed. What makes it good is that it has synergy with and . His passive basically stats add +2 to the effects of both cards. It isn't overwhelming but when you provide it with combos like and or and , it is a power house.

There lies the problem with Eredan. Look at a card that is a must have simply because its loaded to the max with abilities. 2 attack buffs, a defensive buff, a turn bonus that basically reads you have chain and to top it all off over the top stats.

Eredan is no longer making unique characters that bring something when you properly add cards to a deck. Instead it is throwing as many abilities into a character as they can and hope its enough to balance a class. And now with Sacred/Damn cards this balance is further a skewed. Making it so all characters will have to be a soul variation to see play.

And if this wasn't enough they keep adding Legendaries that keep going above the power curve and are being made into must haves to make any deck viable.

Well there are my two cents Feerik. Take it or leave it. I will not buy any more cards until.
1. Soul Cards are removed from the game.
2. Instead of releasing new cards you revisit the cards you currently have and start rebalancing them.
3. If you won't touch legendaries. limit them 2 per decks.

(There is probably more you can do but this is a start)

Hors-ligne Profil  

Sujet du message : Re: A Look on Balance
Message Publié : 05 Novembre 2016, 19:56 
Immortel

Message(s) : 6173
this isnt a rant against you, but in act 2 this effect was abused a bit with ishaia, ice barriers, last word and lightning bolts combo (later with banner), the third char used to be erevent i think

what i mean is since act 2 we had an op deck, in defense of recliff, semi-designer of catherine, he made her that way due to cards like glyphs, dsh and settlement, personally i left the pure mage path since settlement was released (and lost some games to kasai too :p )

i know past always was better and in this case i cant desagree, playing 3 cards per turn makes otk easier while decks like lightning mages were nerfed due to t1 or 2 wins

legendaries... i dont/cant think what to say, maybe the last legends with a self effect (points boost or damage, etc) like stone hearth and the hammer are fine, but dealing 14 dmg easy with orbs is retarded
i dont think legendaries need to be cut just because last barrier, glyphs, tornado and orbs are broken

create a new post if you want to communicate with me, DONT SEND PMs!!!!

CURRENT STATUS: OFFLINE / NOT MODERATING

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 05 Novembre 2016, 20:22 
Guémélite

The deck you thinking of was Prophet / Lady Ishaia / Aeronaut the Crystalmancer.

The problem back then was there wasn't enough removal for permanents.

There is no defending Catherine. She is an overstatted/overpowered character that basically means she will always have to be in all witchblade decks. Honestly this confirms to me that the whole testing group and guild master and need to be replaced. They aren't doing anything to balance the game. Just breaking it.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 05 Novembre 2016, 21:52 
Immortel

gl make suggerences, some like 100k volts and suspicion of treasson were heard but, as noz gl what are you able to do to make mages great again? almost every game i just got smashed if i cant draw glyps or settlement, always an one sided game op mages or worst op counters. meanwhile some op cards get corrected then a new leg or wrong mechanic is released messing the effort of (some) gls

dont blame gl, most of them are here since the beggining and dont want to destroy the game, they even quit when they see they cant help

the last word is from the purple, not teal, is like blaming mods for not fixing bugs

we made a lot of sugs in sug subforum, none of them were implemented (maybe this new free calendar was one) u still think gls are the problem

as cat is op now ishaia was in act 2, same thing, people playing with manipulation and ice barrier was almost undefeatable with physical decks or like when corruption were released, you can see it like lack o clumsiness maybe? but is the same result, 1 deck abusing of a mechanic

then now we have clumsiness and messed corruptors

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Novembre 2016, 01:54 
Archonte

Message(s) : 2184
Hey Wolvos :) When I read Purple and Teal first I thought that u were talking about me (Zil) and Recliff (Noz) - the guild colors :D
But you are absolutely right there... ;)

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 09 Novembre 2016, 14:44 
Vénérable

Message(s) : 750
Id personaly love to see a return to a much lower power lvl

But i think the biggest problem was that there is no clear power stop.
Its not quite that obvius if a card is much stronger, or quite how muhch stronger.
e.g. in games like hearthstone you have a 2 mana 2/3 and basicly thats the basis for all Cards of the same value(maximum 5 stat points).
I feel like something like that should have been don for Eredan as well, cap he maximum strength of every card.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 09 Novembre 2016, 19:54 
Immortel

just in case you are playing a different game, hs isnt anymore what you are saying, you can argue basic and clasic cards are like that, but since the first released adventure power creep was a key card for tier 1 decks, i mean cards with 1 point or 2 less in stats with a retarded and snowbally effect, you can see an overrun of 1 class in ranked mode since early 2016 of shamans even with minor nerfs is still viable

eredan had a chance with sacrifice, but in general the balance of most of the effects are give an assasination +3 or +4 chain dagger, then for the best marauders +4 and 1 dd if you have a dagger, most of the time balance was give similar bonus to every guild but las time we had decks like multirace with +4 in everything while rest of the decks +2 o +3, now Bright branches lol

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 14 Novembre 2016, 13:57 
Vénérable

Message(s) : 750
True, i guess, hs has a fair share of balance isues as well.

But i kinda feel like that some kind of limitations are missing here.
Yes, effekts are sometimes stupid, but adding up raw stats is a somewhat reliable way to have a basic balance.
For the rest extensive testing is needed.
i just feel like power creep is a standard here like you told.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 28 Janvier 2017, 23:18 
Guémélite

We yugioh now boys. A paragraph for each character.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 14 Janvier 2018, 17:12 
Guémélite

A year later and they still haven't learned. Oh well a company that doesn't learn will simple die off.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 1   [ 10 message(s) ]