Eredan iTCG BrasileiroEredan iTCG DeutschEredan iTCG EspañolEredan iTCG ItalianoEredan iTCG FrançaisEredan iTCG English
Nous sommes actuellement le 28 Avril 2024, 14:58
Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 1   [ 6 message(s) ]
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message : Updates and Favoritisim
Message Publié : 04 Juillet 2013, 00:15 
Néophyte

Message(s) : 16
I've relatively new to the game (played for about 2 months) and I've found that my favorite guild is the Stonelinkers. The mixture of items and spell play is cool, they're somewhat rare to see in ELO matches which makes them refreshing to see and fun to play against, and they play strangely differently from other guilds, but I digress.

One guild I do not like; however, is Kobota: their tactics are mindless whether it be the trackers with their superior baseline attack numbers, the ever annoying crows with their 3rd turn win combo, or Kobota Warriors with their defense like the great wall of china. I don't like them, they aren't unique, it doesn't take any skill to play them, they aren't hard to build, and they are not fun to play against.

So I ask the question: "Why do they get more updates on average than any other guild?"

Seriously.

Kotoba Crow update? Kotoba
Pirate Item update? Kotoba gets
Runic Legion/Desert Nomad update? Too bad Kotoba!
Zil/Marauder update? Kotoba gets and and

I don't understand why Kotoba, the guild I hate, gets updated nearly every week (albeit sometimes only 1 card, but that's still more than stonelinkers) and I haven't seen a new Stonelinkers card in 6 weeks.

Just venting, but seriously is there like a large group of people that really really enjoy playing Kotoba? If so please let me know what you like about them so I can learn more and hopefully be converted so the updates are significant to my world.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Sujet du message : Re: Updates and Favoritisim
Message Publié : 04 Juillet 2013, 04:23 
Marchand

Message(s) : 536
Actually, I'm a little curious about it, too. I know that Stonelinkers probably won't get many new cards in the future, because they don't need as much balancing, but for something that is now going by topic instead of guild they seem to be focusing a lot on marauders.

1st week: Hisumo: Marauder, rerelease of Kuraying: Mage
2nd week: Helen the Bucanneer: Marauder, rerelease of S.A.R.A.H.: Warrior
3rd week: Ahzerd, Erine, and rerelease of Lania: Priests with Ahzerd duel classing with Warrior
4th Week: Chantelain and rerelease of Inatka: Marauder

I know that the eclipse needed a third back, but so soon? When 3 (Shadow Guemelites, Stolen Items, and Assassination) of the 4 themes are related to one class I'm starting to wonder about this theme idea, will we down the road end up with a month of mage related themes or a month of warrior related themes, to counteract the apparent month of marauder related themes?

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 04 Juillet 2013, 04:52 
Marchand

Message(s) : 522
I generally don't think the new style of updates is any better. It's still more or less causing a power creep for specific guilds, and further stomping out older cards, all the while the better of the older cards are seeing unbelievable price inflation in the market, and the completely useless cards are still in the veterans booster. To stay "current" requires at least 1k feez a week for the --limited time only-- structure decks that seem to soak up all of the rares for the week in a neat little package.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 04 Juillet 2013, 07:54 
Néophyte

Message(s) : 16
:| To be honest I thought I would be fine passing up the packaged preconstructed decks, but then I saw how many people spammed the new Crow deck in the standard and pvp lobbies. So for the next release I was like "Ok better get this one to stay competitive." and the Pirate stolen items was nowhere near as devastatingly effective as the Crow deck. I did get a bunch of rares I didn't haveat a debatable low price though.

Maybe the best strategy would be to wait for the week where your favorite Guild is featured and collect all the rare cards for the guild you play the most. Since the new style they've done:

Week 1: Kotoba Shadow Mage (Featured Kotoba Crow Deck)
Week 2: Stolen Items Pirates (Featured Pirate Deck)
Week 3: Nomad Champion (Featured Nomad Deck)
Week 4: Marauder Courtier (Featured Zil Deck)

So that leaves, Noz, Nehant, Stonelinkers, Sap Hearts, Runic Legion (although most of the updates from Week 3 could be effective in a RL deck)

Optimistically I think the best is yet to come since I enjoy all the guilds that haven't been updated yet (Except Sap, but who likes those guys anyway? :) ) Just keep those trashy Kotoba cards out of my Stonelinkers update please.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 04 Juillet 2013, 08:04 
Marchand

Message(s) : 536
Tyler_Wehrs a écrit :
Optimistically I think the best is yet to come since I enjoy all the guilds that haven't been updated yet (Except Sap, but who likes those guys anyway? :) ) Just keep those trashy Kotoba cards out of my Stonelinkers update please.

You mean other then the guy who posted that he is a sap user in signature?

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 04 Juillet 2013, 17:48 
Marchand

Message(s) : 522
My issue with the decks is the same as with most feerik products, time limit. They're limited to one per person, but they can only be bought during the week of their release. If they kept them in the shop, it would be a relatively cheap way for first time investors, and players who spend casually, to actually get their moneys worth instead of playing the card lottery that is the booster packs.
Kroub's shop should have been permanent, people who spend a lot of money on this game should be rewarded, they shouldn't have to spend 10k feez in a single week to see any kind of benefit to actually paying. As I said before, Kroub's shop was just begging the people on here who do spend heavily to throw more money into it in a short period of time. Sure, collector cards are nice, but outside of obesity and admiration, most of the collector cards are stuck in a certain deck type.
The legendary pack emulated buying a booster box, it should have been permanent.
The champion packs were limited to 1 each per person and emulated booster tins, it should have been permanent.
Now we get structure decks that are available for a whopping 5 days. Even if they raised the price to 1499 feez after the launch week, they should still keep them in the store so paying players can buy and try decks at THE PLAYER'S LEISURE instead of when THE COMPANY DEMANDS YOU SPEND MONEY. Hell, I could go down to my old card shop and get series one starter and structure decks for magic AND ygo, but if you're not here, or can't scrape the funds to get the better of feerik's product in the 5-7 days they give you to get it, you're assed out.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 1   [ 6 message(s) ]