Eredan iTCG BrasileiroEredan iTCG DeutschEredan iTCG EspañolEredan iTCG ItalianoEredan iTCG FrançaisEredan iTCG English
Nous sommes actuellement le 29 Mars 2024, 01:24
Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 2   [ 14 message(s) ]
Aller vers la page 1, 2  Suivant
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message : Defensive/Control Compendium
Message Publié : 05 Juin 2013, 22:11 
Marchand

Message(s) : 536
Whenever, there is a quest that includes mages I always seem to return to my compendium deck and I thought it was about time to ask people on suggestions on how to upgrade my defensive Compendium, so it can actually win me some games.

(to play Water Wave and The Art of Magic)
(for more control)
(to heal and add some defense while wearing a spell)

x3 (recycling)
x3 (some un noz spell damage)
x3 (used to block nehantic and shadow spells as well as boosts Magic Study and Thunderstroke)
x3 (Tanear's main spell that increases defense slightly)
x3 (more control)

x2 (Usually preferred pull of Tanear when using Water Wave or The Art of Magic)
x2 (to lower enemies attack)

x1 (to increase spirit and damage from spells)
x1 (The Pythia's buddy)
x1 (to increase damage)

My biggest problems seem to be pulling Shape of the Dragon when I need to pull a Breaker, but I have no idea what to change out for either of them or how to make this deck more efficient while keeping my style of game play ie. not looking to turn this into an all out offensive deck, which is what a lot of compendium decks seem to swing for.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Juin 2013, 03:07 
Marchand

Message(s) : 522
Ever consider trying to use with ?

The deck has four cards that boost spirit, but only 3 spells that actually use spirit, that is something to take into consideration.
only helps the spells of lesser focus in the deck, which is probably why it gets in the way.

I'd be able to help more if I knew what you want this deck to do, many of the cards just don't seem to synch well in your setup. (as in effects/attributes are wasted)
Compendium can be played very differently from most types of mage decks because they have many useful support action cards.
What specific things do you want this deck to do?

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Juin 2013, 03:24 
Immortel

Message(s) : 6173
add break the second chain

create a new post if you want to communicate with me, DONT SEND PMs!!!!

CURRENT STATUS: OFFLINE / NOT MODERATING

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Juin 2013, 03:33 
Marchand

It probably wouldn't do him much good as he'll probably have at least one magic servant in play at any given time and the spells btsc would be able to recycle is limited to thunderstoke and magic study.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Juin 2013, 05:08 
Marchand

Well, I tend to use it to with the idea of shutting down other decks/preventing other decks from getting there turn bonus, by using water wave to select who battles who, as well as survive longer battles.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Juin 2013, 06:03 
Marchand

You could start by dropping a breaker or a Shape of a Dragon for another Thunderstroke. (2 breaker seems a bit much)

You're currently running at 22 cards, what's the most you'd feel comfortable running?

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Juin 2013, 06:12 
Marchand

I don't know over 22 and I have to start digging half the time for the correct cards to counter whatever deck I'm facing.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Juin 2013, 06:30 
Marchand

The thing is, the compendiums defensive tactics outside of blanche are pretty obsolete, which is why most compendium players resort to full blast or crystal storm turbo (which is really nasty with academic lessons btw)
Super specific counters are rarely effective because, as you just said, when you need them you'll likely have to dig for them.
Do you have any of the stronger trophy counters? (Secret of the crow/Dissidence)

Blanche preventing OTK turns one and two is better used dealing as much damage as possible.
If you don't want to go full blast and want to have counters, I suggest you go crystal storm. Once the Storms are out, the ONLY role your cards will have will be ruining enemy plays. and makes them aggro without spells, you could use Obesity effectively with Blanche's 1 def, as well as include a variety of other general counters.
You'll have to drop Tanaer for Anreya or exhien though. (anreya being an additional -1 to the deck)

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Juin 2013, 07:22 
Marchand

I have I came in around Act 5, so I have all the trophy cards since then. However, I have been to lazy to get either Dissidence or Sentence when I have spent money of Eredan. I have one Crystal Storm, one Dragon Eye, three Ice Crystals, and Exhien. The only reluctance I would have to playing Turbo Crystal Storm would be dropping Tanear is that Breaker and The Art of Magic would become a nuisance to use since they are aoe's and don't really chain.

Hors-ligne Profil  

Message Publié : 06 Juin 2013, 22:47 
Marchand

The amount of damage that multiple storms can deal is greater than the art of magic, and since the focus would be away from spells in general you're better off only using breaker in an emergency. The deck's structure will actually be quite far from what you're currently using. The control aspect (tap/untap) will be pretty much sacrificed for counters.
You'll need illuminations to make it into a turbo.
The trophies you should consider:

(more effective than breaker in most cases)

To clear up storm damage:
Pythia can deal the most with storm the quickest (Syphide is unconditional +1)
Academic lessons work even when equipped afterward.
If a storm is played t1 by pythia and turn 2 by anyone else, and academic lesson is played t3, at the start of T4 all of the opposing characters should have already taken 12 damage.
You'll want to pack LB3.
The best fuel(imo) for dragon's eye is Backlight(which is more removal), and you should have at least 3 Blast spells (RoD etc)

Hors-ligne Profil  

Publier une réponse Page 1 sur 2   [ 14 message(s) ]
Aller vers la page 1, 2  Suivant